Welcome to the OHMER Genealogy Resource Center. This site is dedicated to the genealogical research of the OHMER surname worldwide. OHMER is a derivative of the surname AUMER. My lineage is traced back to Tobias Ambre OHMER who emigrated to the US in June of 1851, and further back to Peter Aumer, born 1630 in Germany. This site, however, deals with OHMER descendants worldwide. Browse the family trees, post a query, look up the origins of certain OHMER lines, as well as the origin and meaning of the OHMER surname. Two main lines, from Germany (primarily the Pfalz) and France (primarily Lorraine).
- To list all our “cousins” researching the OHMER surname.
- To link to all pages of interest to people researching the OHMER surname.
- To collect all genealogical information pertaining to the OHMER surname, and the bearers of this surname that might in some way facilitate research of this surname.
- To present this genealogy information on the web so that it can be freely accessed by any of our cousins at any time, from any place.
Census data on the surname OHMER
Rank 30,716 (2000 US census) Count 716 Race / ethnic distribution The 2000 US Census claims that of the 716 of those with the OHMER surname:
- 96.93%, or 694 total occurrences, identified themselves as being white,
- undisclosed % as black,
- undisclosed % as Asian and Pacific Islander,
- undisclosed % as American Indian and Native Alaskan,
- 1.26%, or 9 total occurrences, as two or more races, and
- 0.84%, or 6 total occurrences, as Hispanic ethnic origin.
Breaking this down, OHMER ranks 30,716th in terms of frequency, meaning that 30,715 surnames occur more frequently than OHMER.
1990 Census data on the surname OHMER
The files from the 1990 census data contained four items of data. The four items: (1). A “Name” (2). Frequency in percent (3). Cumulative Frequency in percent (4). Rank In the file (dist.all.last) one entry appears as: OHMER 0.000 86.713 55151 In our Search Area sample, OHMER ranks 55151th in terms of frequency. 86.713% of the sample population is covered by OHMER and 55150 names occur more frequently than OHMER. The surname, OHMER, is possessed by 0.000 percent of our population sample.